Make-ahead Tex Mex Breakfast Quesadillas
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper (diced)
- ½ onion (diced)
- 8 cooked turkey breakfast sausage links
- 1 ½ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 scrambled eggs
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Prepare the toppings: Cook the sausage and cut into medallions. Dice the pepper and onions. Scramble 4 eggs.
- Take tortilla and add toppings to half: add a small amount of cheese, egg, bell pepper, onion and turkey sausage. Then fold tortilla in half to form quesadilla. Do this for all 8 tortillas.
- Toast both sides of the quesadilla in a heated skillet until warm and cheese is melted, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately or freeze. To freeze: wrap cooled quesadilla in plastic wrap and store in freezer-safe bag or container. Eat within 1 month for best quality. To reheat from freezer: reheat quesadilla in microwave for 30-60 seconds. For added crisp, toast in heated skillet after warming.
Serves: 8, 1 quesadilla= 1 serving
Nutrition facts: 297 calories, 14 g total fat, 6 g saturated fat, 129 mg cholesterol, 575 mg sodium, 137 mg potassium, 28 g total carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 16 g protein