Top 8 and Alpha Gal Friendly Chicken Nuggets
- 1 cup plain rice milk
- Optional: 1-2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup corn meal OR 2/3 cup crushed rice krispies cereal (add more as needed)
- Salt and pepper to taste (up to 1 tsp of each)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cubed (1-2 inches)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Set up dredging stations with one bowl for dredge ingredients and one bowl for breading ingredients (cornmeal or rice krispies cereal and spices). Prepare a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with nonstick spray for each release.
- Dip cubed chicken into wet dredge ingredients, then into breading ingredients. Coat well in the breading. Place breaded chicken nuggets on sheet pan. Continue until all nuggets are coated and placed on sheet pan.
- Cook in oven until internal temperature of nuggets reaches 165 F (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from oven and serve.
Serves 4. Serving 4 oz chicken raw (about 3 oz chicken cooked)
Nutrition facts for Corn Meal Nuggets: 223 calories, 4 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium*, 37 mg potassium, 23 g total carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 24 g protein
Nutrition facts for Rice Krispies Crusted Nuggets: 145 calories, 3 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium*, 4 mg potassium, 6 g total carbohydrate, 22 g protein
Nutrition facts are a rough estimate. Will vary with amount of dredge and breading used.
Manufacturers can change their recipe at any time which may introduce your food allergen to the product. Read labels each time you consume a food product to ensure it is safe for your food allergies.
*Sodium will vary with amount of salt added to taste.