Top 8 and Alpha Gal Friendly Whole Grain Mock Rice-a-Roni
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- ½ cup broken rice spaghetti pieces
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium high heat. Add pasta and onion. Cook, stirring, until starting to brown about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, rice, salt, and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaf. Fluff with a fork and stir in the parsley.
Nutrition Facts: 97 calories, 7 g total fat, 17 g total carbohydrates, 2 g dietary fiber, 156 mg sodium, 3 g protein