Whole Wheat Quick Bread
Download and Print the Whole Wheat Quick Bread Recipe Card.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a large bowl, mix flours, salt, soda and baking powder. Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, mix egg, milk and honey. Add egg mixture to dry mixture all at once. Stir just until moistened. Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Turn dough onto a greased baking sheet. Pat with wet fingers into a 6-inch round. Brush with egg white.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 124, Fat: 3g, Carbohydrates: 21g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 3g, Sodium: 162mg