Cottage Cheese Alfredo
Download and print the recipe card
- 1 cup milk (skim or low-fat)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (low-fat cottage cheese to make this recipe low fat)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or more to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Dried basil to taste
- Dried oregano to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Put all the ingredients, except basil, into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture in a small saucepan and add basil and oregano. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through and smooth. Add more basil, oregano, salt or pepper (or other seasonings) to taste.
- Let it cook on low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cooked pasta right before serving and let it soak in for a couple of minutes. Top with meat or veggies as desired; garnish with fresh chopped parsley (optional). Serve immediately.
Nutritional information: (Amount per serving) Serves: 4, Calories: 120, Fat: 6g, Carbohydrates: 6g, Sodium: 467mg, Protein: 9g.