Dark Chocolate Almond Cherries
- 8 ounces fresh cherries, with stems
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup (5 oz.) dark chocolate chips
- Pit the cherries through the sides versus the tops to save the stems. Fill each cherry with an almond then gently pat very dry with a paper towel.
- Microwave the dark chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring between each session until melted.
- Dip cherries in melted chocolate, set on parchment paper and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Makes 28-30 cherries.
Per cherry: Calories: 37; Carbohydrate: 4g; Fat: 2.5g.