Easiest Overnight Lasagna Ever
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef or turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar (25.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic Italian herb pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 container (15 oz) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook meat and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Drain if needed. Stir in pasta sauce, water, red pepper, and 1 tsp dried basil. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, ½ tsp dried basil and egg.
- In an ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish or lasagna pan spread 1 1/2 cups of the meat sauce. Top with 3 uncooked noodles, ½ of the ricotta cheese mixture, and ¾ cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat with 1 1/2 cups meat sauce, 3 noodles, the rest of the ricotta cheese mixture and ¾ cup mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with the remainder of the mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover baking dish; bake 50 to 60 minutes or until noodles are tender and casserole is bubbly. Cover; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Per serving: Calories: 269; Fat: 13g; Saturated fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 72 mg; Sodium: 394 mg; Potassium: 333 mg; Total carbohydrate: 22g; Dietary fiber: 2g; Protein: 20g.