Quinoa Power Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 2 cups roughly chopped fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup Feta cheese
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook the quinoa according to directions on the package. Set quinoa aside to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing. Whisk together the red wine vinegar, Dijon, oregano, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Slowly add the olive oil to the mixture and while whisking briskly, then whisk in the lemon juice.
- Set dressing aside and prepare vegetables. Combine the vegetables with the quinoa in large bowl. Add the dressing and mix well. Top with the feta cheese and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 204, Total Fat: 16g, Sodium: 185mg, Total Carbohydrates: 11g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 4g, Potassium: 288mg, 38% Vitamin A, 19% Vitamin C