Street Corn Salad
- 4 ears of corn or about 2 cups (can substitute frozen corn in a pinch)
- Up to 1 tbsp paprika
- Juice of ½ - 1 lime
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1-2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup part skim cotija cheese (could substitute for queso fresco or feta cheese)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: add up to 1 Tbsp canola oil as needed for moisture
- Prepare corn as desired and cut off the cob, adding it to a medium bowl.
- If grilling, broiling, or roasting corn, add paprika to corn prior to cooking.
- Add paprika to corn after cooking if using a steaming method.
- Add remainder of the ingredients to the corn and toss well.
- Serve warm as a side or cool as a salsa.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: about ½ cup
Nutrition facts per serving (without added salt): 94 calories, 3 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 8 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 50 mg potassium, 14 g total carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 5 g protein.