Turkey, Cranberry and Wild Rice Salad
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 1 cup cooked turkey breast, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped and lightly toasted
- Prepare the rice according to package directions, using water or chicken broth.
- In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, celery, and cranberries.
- When the rice is cooked, add to the bowl. Combine oil and vinegar, toss into ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 days. Just before serving, stir in the pecans.
Serves: 8 (Amount per 1 cup serving)
Calories: 82; Fat: 10g; Carbohydrates: 32g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 10g; Sodium: 130mg.