Owensboro Health Home Care provides in-home health care to patients of all ages in Daviess, Ohio, McLean, Hancock, Henderson and Muhlenberg Counties. Home Health staff members deliver excellent care that helps patients reach their maximum level of health, strength, mobility and independence. Home Care staff involve patient’s family members and caregivers to coordinate care and assist in the recovery process. Receiving home health care services allows patients to remain in their own home for care, where they feel most comfortable.
Our professional registered nurses, therapists, state registered nurse assistants and social workers treat a wide range of health care conditions. Skilled home care staff recognize symptoms and provide early intervention. By receiving this expert and compassionate care, emergency room visits can be reduced and re-hospitalizations can be prevented. Owensboro Health Home Care staff members are committed to providing safe, quality and excellent patient care each and every day.
Quality is a top priority for OHRH Home Care. Accredited by The Joint Commission, Home Care seeks to continuously improve the safety and quality of health care for patients.
Why benefits from home care?
You, or someone you know, may benefit from home care services in the following circumstances:
- Recent discharge from the hospital or nursing home
- New medication prescribed or assistance needed with medication management
- Recent flare-up of a known health care condition such as congestive heart failure
- Frequent hospitalizations or trips to the emergency room
- Wound care assistance needed
- Increased weakness and/or increase falling in the home
- Recent new diagnosis of a condition or disease
Home Care services may include:
- Fall prevention services including nursing assessment and teaching and therapy services
- Intravenous (IV) medication infusions
- Cardiac or pulmonary assessment and management following hospitalization, exacerbation of cardiac or pulmonary disease or open heart surgery
- Chronic disease (such as diabetes) education and management
- Medical Social Work
- Medication teaching and management
- Occupational – improves activities of daily living
- Physical – improves home safety and mobility
- Speech – improves communication, swallowing and thinking skills
- Wound and ostomy care
- Patient and caregiver education and training
- Improving home safety to minimize falls
- Home phototherapy and bilirubin levels for infants
- Newborn nutritional assessment and monitoring
- Daily vital sign monitoring with home tele-monitoring device
- Behavioral health nursing
Click here to see Muhlenberg County services list below
- Certified nurse aides
- EPSDT for physically and developmentally delayed children ages 3-18
- HCB Waiver Program
- Personal Care
- Meal Preparation
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Skilled nursing
Additional Care Options
If you or your loved one needs intensive inpatient therapy, ask about Owensboro Health Regional Hospital's inpatient Regional Rehabilitation Center. For short-term skilled nursing care in an inpatient facility, turn to our Transitional Care Center.