A healthy urinary system keeps you functioning at your best. That’s why at Owensboro Health, we treat diseases of the kidney and bladder with an overall wellness approach. You’ll find advanced technology, compassionate
Prostate Cancer Screening
September is National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, making this time of the year a great time to discuss prostate health. Prostate cancer the second leading cause of cancer death in men. Talk to your provider about early prostate cancer detection through PSA screening.
Conditions we treat
- Acute kidney failure
- Bladder stones
- Chronic kidney disease
- Enlarged prostate
- Erectile dysfunction
- Kidney injuries
- Kidney stones
- Overactive Bladder
- Prostate cancer
- Urethral obstruction
- Urinary incontinence
- Urologic Cancer
- Advanced kidney stone treatment and prevention
- Da Vinci robotic surgery
- Erectile dysfunction management including prosthesis implantation
- Medical and surgical correction of urinary incontinence
- Kidney stone treatment
- New therapies for lower urinary tract symptoms from enlarged prostate including Urolift
- Recurrent bladder infection remediation
- Robotic prostatectomy
- Sacral neuromodulation and injections for overactive bladder
- Surgical and non-surgical
treatmentfor urinary incontinence
- Transurethral resection of the prostate (for enlarged prostate)
- Urinary obstruction removal
Many patients with chronic or acute kidney failure also suffer from other chronic diseases such as diabetes, congestive heart failure, and wounds from poor vascular diseases.
Patients should not skip treatments. Missed treatments put the patient at risk for excess fluid, which will have to be drained.
When kidneys do not function properly, the body's electrolytes tend to be out of balance, and potassium levels may get too high. Patients will be placed on very strict diets with limited sodium and potassium.
There are two basic types of Dialysis performed at Owensboro Health.