Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
At Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation we work as a team to provide a continuum of care, from start to finish, that aims to give you the best outcomes possible. We work closely with a caring, compassionate and exceptionally talented team, including your primary care provider, plus neurologists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, neuropsychologists, prosthetic and orthotic experts.
The Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation team will create a plan of action and map out your road to recovery. Then, we’ll walk the path with you and help you find your own way. Your future can be bright and active. We want to help you get there.
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Focus
- Restoring maximum function after injury, illness or onset of disabling conditions
- Education & resources to help you adapt to new life and medical circumstances
- Wellness management
- The big picture: All of your needs, including physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, etc.
Conditions & Treatments
- Brain Injury / Stroke
- Disabilities, either congenital or acquired
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Spinal cord injury
- Musculoskeletal & spine conditions
- Nerve conduction studies
- Peripheral joint injections
- Prosthetic & orthotic prescription
The Regional Rehabilitation Center at Owensboro Health Regional Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Here, patients receive intensive therapy and personalized care in an inpatient setting.