Heart Screenings & Diagnosis
Protect your heart’s health by taking advantage of screenings and diagnostic tests at Owensboro Health. Screenings help medical professionals detect potential heart conditions before you experience symptoms. If a screening reveals an abnormality, or you’re experiencing symptoms of a heart problem, diagnostic procedures can pinpoint where your cardiovascular system needs help.
Blood Pressure Screening
Only a screening can reveal if you have high blood pressure, which increases your risk of heart disease but usually shows no symptoms. Get your blood pressure checked at Owensboro Health, and find out whether you may need to make lifestyle changes or take medication to improve your health.
Learn more about blood pressure.
Comprehensive Heart Tests
You’ll benefit from Owensboro Health’s advanced technology that helps you get the most accurate assessment of your heart’s health. Your doctor may recommend one of these diagnostic procedures:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) – Places electrodes on your chest to measure your heart’s electrical activity
- Electrophysiology Study – Threads tiny electrodes through blood vessels to your heart to record its electrical activity
- Heart CT Scan
- Coronary Calcium Scan – Checks for calcium buildup in your arteries
- CT Angiography – Examines the coronary arteries, which send blood to your heart
- Heart Monitoring
- Holter Monitor – Attaches electrodes to your chest for one or two days to record your heart’s rhythms
- Implantable Loop Recorder, or Insertable Cardiac Monitor – Places a tiny device under your skin to record the heart’s electrical activity over a long period of time
- Nuclear Stress Test – Measures how well blood flows to the heart
- Pericardiocentesis – Removes and examines fluid that’s pressing on your heart
- Right-Heart Catheterization – Threads a tiny tube (catheter) through your blood vessels to monitor blood flow and blood pressure
- Tilt Table Test – Helps diagnose fainting or light-headedness by measuring your heart rate and blood pressure as you lie on a table that slowly tilts upward
- Ultrasound Imaging
- Echocardiogram – Painlessly creates pictures of your heart
- Stress echo – Measures how your heart responds to exercise or a drug that simulates the effect of exercise
- Intravascular Ultrasound – Looks at the coronary arteries, which send blood to your heart
Find out your risk of stroke, aneurysm, peripheral artery disease (PAD) and other conditions related to your blood vessels by getting vascular screenings.
Echocardiography Accreditation Means Excellent Care
Owensboro Health Regional Hospital is accredited in adult Transthoracic Echocardiography by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission. So rest assured a skilled Sonographer will use sophisticated equipment to perform your exam, and a highly qualified doctor will interpret the results. That means you’ll receive the informed diagnosis you need to get personalized recommendations for treatment.