Pulmonary Rehabilitation at Regional Rehabilitation Center
The Owensboro Health Pulmonary Rehab Program serves patients with chronic bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, thoracic surgery and other disorders that compromise respiratory function.
The goal is to maximize each patient’s potential, encourage independence and an active lifestyle, and address each patient’s physical, social and emotional needs.
Special Services Available for Patients
- Monitored treatment tailored to each individual patient.
- A comprehensive team approach.
- Evidence based evaluation and treatment protocols specific to this population including six minute walk test.
- Education on symptom management and energy conservation.
- Biodex Elliptical Cycle.
- SciFit Upper Body Exerciser.
By the Numbers: FY21
Patients Treated: 6
Average Age: 66
Average Length of Stay: 10.5 Days
Average Number of Therapy Hours Daily: 3.1 Hours
Discharge to Home/Community: 66.7%
Patient Experience FY21
Our patients rate us in the top 10% of Rehab Facilities
- Nurse Understanding and Caring
- Doctor Understanding and Caring
- Staff Courtesy and Friendliness
- Discharge Process
- Likelihood of Recommending to Friends and Family
Download the Medicare Functional Quality Measures Report (PDF)