Pulmonary Rehabilitation at Regional Rehabilitation Center
The Owensboro Health Pulmonary Rehab Program serves patients with chronic bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, thoracic surgery and other disorders that compromise respiratory function.
The goal is to maximize each patient’s potential, encourage independence and an active lifestyle, and address each patient’s physical, social and emotional needs.
Special Services Available for Patients
- Monitored treatment tailored to each individual patient.
- A comprehensive team approach.
- Evidence based evaluation and treatment protocols specific to this population including six minute walk test.
- Education on symptom management and energy conservation.
- Biodex Elliptical Cycle.
- SciFit Upper Body Exerciser.
By the Numbers: FY19
Patients Treated: 3
Average Age: 70.3
Average Length of Stay: 9.7 days
Average number of therapy hours daily: 3 hours
Discharge Home/ Community: 100%
Patient Experience FY19
Our patients rank us in the top 10% of Rehab Facilities
- Nurse communication with patient and families
- Doctor communication with patients and families
- Preparation for discharge and care at home
- Overall safety
Download the Medicare Functional Quality Measures Report (PDF)