Mammography & Breast Imaging
*Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) concerns, many walk-in services have been suspended. Please call to ensure service.
Protect your health by getting breast cancer screenings at one of Owensboro Health’s accredited breast imaging facilities. You’ll benefit from caring, courteous medical professionals, and discover why patients consistently report strong satisfaction with the care they receive from us.
Breast Imaging Services
A doctor detects and diagnoses abnormalities in your breast tissue through tests such as:
- Digital Mammogram – Provides a better view of your tissue than a traditional film-screen mammogram and can detect Cancer earlier
- 3-D Mammogram (breast tomosynthesis) – Can detect breast cancer sooner than traditional mammography and reduce the likelihood of false alarms; ask for 3-D mammography if a previous mammogram revealed that you have dense breast tissue
- Breast Ultrasound – Uses sound waves to examine your tissue if you have cancer symptoms or an abnormal mammogram result
- Breast MRI – Shows clear pictures of parts of your tissue that are hard to see on a mammogram or ultrasound
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy – Uses mammography to pinpoint a sample of tissue that will be removed and examined for cancer
Accreditation Means Excellent Care
Several Owensboro Health locations are accredited in breast imaging procedures by the American College of Radiology (ACR), which means you benefit from:
- Thorough measures to ensure your test is performed correctly and leads to accurate results
- Highly qualified staff
- Up-to-date technology
Choose a location that’s accredited in the test you need:
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
Because Outpatient Imaging – Springs has every ACR breast-imaging accreditation, it’s a designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.