Get ready for your surgery with a preadmission visit to Owensboro Health. During this appointment, which should occur 3 to 14 days before your procedure, you and your care team will work to ensure a smooth and safe operation.
Comprehensive Consultation & Evaluation
Enjoy the convenience of seeing several team members in one location during a single visit to our preadmission center. During your appointment, you’ll:
- Meet with a preadmission nurse to review your medical history, allergies and medications
- Get a pre-anesthesia evaluation from an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) who works closely with the anesthesia team to coordinate safe, effective pain relief
- Take blood tests, electrocardiograms, X-rays or any other exams ordered by your anesthesiology team
What To Bring to Your Preadmission Appointment
To ensure we have your most complete and current information, please bring:
- Papers or forms from your provider
- Recent lab or imaging test results
- A complete list of current prescription and over-the-counter medications, including information about you much you take and when
- Insurance cards
- Photo identification
- Advance care directives (Learn about advance directives in Kentucky or Indiana.)
Involve A Responsible Adult
Invite a responsible adult—a friend or family member—to your preadmission appointment. This person will accompany you to Owensboro Health Regional Hospital on the day of surgery and help you get home and recover afterwards.
If you’re not comfortable involving a relative or friend in your surgery preparation and recovery, ask your preadmission nurse about other options.