Over a lifetime, our health can take many twists and turns. It’s possible that somewhere along your journey, surgery may be the answer.
If you or a loved one need surgical care, you can count on our world-class team to combine advanced, minimally invasive surgical techniques with comprehensive, compassionate care that’s personalized to you. As the largest practice of our kind in western Kentucky, we have the resources and experience to meet a broad range of needs, including diagnostic testing and treatments—and surgical procedures that run the gamut from simple to complex.
Our board-certified, award-winning surgeons work together to create a care plan that’s specifically designed to meet your unique health needs. They put you at the center of your care decisions, so you’re in the driver’s seat from consultation to recovery.
The surgical procedures we offer include:
- Bile duct surgery
- Breast disease
- Chest (thoracic) surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Endoscopy, including colonoscopy and EGD
- Gallbladder surgery or removal (cholecystectomy)
- Head and neck surgery
- Hernia repair
- In-office non-surgical treatment of hemorrhoids
- Liver surgery or tumor removal (liver resection)
- Lumpectomy with 3D BioZorb tissue marker (to directly target radiation after breast cancer surgery)
- Micro-invasive laser
- Surgical oncology / Oncoplastic surgery
- Breast cancer (restores the breast’s appearance right after removing the tumor)
- Head and neck
- Pancreatic surgery
- Skin grafts and other surgical treatment of wounds & burns
- Skin lesions and cancer
- Vein treatment
- Varicose & spider vein treatment
- Vascular screenings
- Vascular surgery
Our anesthesia department includes certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNA) and physicians who are highly trained in anesthesia.
Our anesthesia services include:
- Axillary blocks
- Bier blocks
- General anesthesia
- Additional types of anesthesia for all age groups
A Minimally Invasive Advantage
Our goal is to help you get back to your life as quickly as possible. That’s why, whenever possible, we use minimally invasive surgical techniques like interventional endoscopy to reduce scarring, infection risk and recovery time.
Owensboro Health is one of the only locations in Kentucky to offer interventional endoscopy.
Preparing for Surgery
Get peace of mind knowing what to expect before, during and after your surgery.