COVID-19 Testing at Owensboro Health
Please do not schedule:
- If you have severe symptoms.
- Pre-procedure COVID-19 tests will be scheduled by your provider.
Schedule COVID-19 Test
Owensboro Health recommends a COVID-19 test if you currently have symptoms, or if you’ve had direct exposure to a person with COVID-19. If you've had direct exposure to a person with COVID-19, wait at least five days from the exposure date to test. Waiting five days or longer allows time for the virus to become detectable.
How do I schedule my test?
Patients can schedule their own drive-thru test below, or in their MyChart account, under "Menu" and "Find a New Provider". Parents/caregivers of infants under 12 months of age, please consult with your healthcare provider.
What is the testing process?
Once you schedule your test, and receive your confirmation, you’ll go to the testing site and follow the signs. A nasal swab will be taken and sent to our lab. We analyze the test in our lab, and have results within 24-96 hours (1-4 days). Patients will receive more information after their test, and are directed to self-quarantine until a provider tells you that staying at home is no longer required.
Where do I get tested?
Drive-thru testing, appointment only
- Owensboro - Testing Site - Springs: The Springs Health Centre
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - Noon and 1 - 4 p.m.
Saturday, 8 a.m. – Noon
- Address: 2200 E. Parrish Ave. Building A, Owensboro KY 42303. Get Google Map Directions.
- Instructions: After turning into the Springs complex, turn right, Building A is the second building to the right. This is a drive-thru service. Please pull into the drive-thru lane, following it to the nurses station, where they will perform your swab. Please be sure to bring a photo ID and wear a face mask.
- Muhlenberg - Testing Site: OHMCH
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 - 11:15 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Saturday, 9 - 11:15 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Address: 440 Hopkinsville St. Greenville KY 42345. Get Google Map Directions.
- OHMCH Instructions: Drive to the backside of the hospital, there is a carport labeled Screening Site, pull under this carport and call the phone number located to your left (270-338-8362), make the staff aware that you have arrived. Wear a facemask and have photo identification. Staff will come to you outside and perform the test from your vehicle.
- Owensboro - Walk-in Testing Site: Urgent Care at Ford Medical Building
- Hours: Saturday, Noon - 8 p.m.
Sunday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Address: 2211 Mayfair Ave., Suite 101, Owensboro, KY 42301 Get Google Map Directions.
- Instructions: Patients may get tested for COVID-19 at the Ford Medical Building without an appointment during the weekend hours listed above. For a regular urgent care visit, patients are welcome during our normal hours of operation.
How do I reschedule or cancel my appointment?
Please call the COVID-19 testing line to cancel or reschedule: 270-852-7960.
How will I get my test results?
- MyChart will be the fastest way to receive your results, as results will be instantly uploaded to your MyChart account after processing your test, which takes 24-96 hours. We will also call you to notify you of your test results.
- If you do not yet have a MyChart account, after you schedule your test, check your email for a link and instant activation code to create your free account. You can also sign up for a MyChart account now.
- If your primary care provider ordered your test and you do not have a MyChart account setup, please contact your primary care provider if you have not received your results within four days.
- If you do not have a primary care provider and you have not received your results within 48 hours, please call 270-688-5155, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- If you are having trouble accessing your MyChart, please call 270-852-8500.
How much will my test cost?
We will bill your insurance. Your amount due will be based on your individual plan’s coverage for this test. Some insurance companies are waiving all patient liability (out-of-pocket costs) for COVID-19 virus testing; others are not, and patients could receive a bill for some or all of the cost of the test. If so, the patient financial advocates may be able to assist. You will need to check with your individual insurance plan by calling the number on the back of your insurance card, or by checking your account on their website.
Patients without insurance will not have out of pocket costs, due to a government assistance program that covers the cost of the test; each patient’s insurance status will be verified after their test.
Should I schedule a test?
If you currently have symptoms, or if your exposure to a person with COVID-19 has been at least five days, schedule your test now.
Parents/caregivers of infants under 12 months of age please consult with your healthcare provider.
If you have the following SEVERE SYMPTOMS, do not schedule a test. Please call 9-1-1 and seek emergency care.
- I have a fever of greater than 102 degrees OR I have a high fever lasting longer than 48 hours.
- I can’t speak in full sentences or do simple activities without feeling short of breath.
- I have severe coughing spells, or I am coughing up blood.
- My lips or face are blue.
- I have severe and constant pain or pressure in my chest.
- I am very tired or lethargic.
How do I get tested?
- Select your preferred location, date and time below.
- Review the appointment location information.
- Add "COVID-19 Test" in the "Reason for Visit" section while scheduling your appointment.
- Click the "Schedule it" button.
- Log in to MyChart or Continue as a Guest.
- If you "Continue as Guest", please include your valid social security number. Social security numbers are required to ensure correct patient matching.
- After you schedule your visit, please activate your MyChart and update your demographic and billing information.
Finally, you will receive an email confirmation with your appointment details.
Please note, you must provide a valid phone number. We will call the number you provide to obtain any missing registration information and to notify you of your test results.