Bulgur Black Bean Salad
Download and Print the Bulgur Black Bean Salad Recipe Card.
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- Put 1 cup bulgur and 2 cups water in an uncovered saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 12- 15 minutes until excess liquid is absorbed.
- Scrub orange, then remove the zest. Cut the orange in half and squeeze the juice into a large mixing bowl. Add orange zest, oil, vinegar, and cumin to the juice in the bowl.
- Chop all the vegetables while the bulgur is cooking. Throw the vegetables and beans into the bowl and mix well. Add the cooked bulgur and mix again.
* High in Fiber and Protein. See nutritional information below.
Nutritional Information (Amount per serving): Calories: 198, Fat: 5g, Carbohydrates: 34g, Fiber: 10g, Protein: 7.5g, Sodium: 121mg