Easy Turkey and Sweet Potato Skillet
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (add up to 1 tablespoon olive oil if needed for browning)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups yellow pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, grated
- In a large, oven-safe skillet, brown turkey and onions on medium heat. Add garlic and chili powder near the end of the browning.
- Once browned, add yellow pepper and cook 3 minutes until softened.
- Next, stir in diced sweet potatoes. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Tip: add 1-2 Tbsp of water to the skillet if the skillet becomes dry.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and place skillet under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to melt and brown the cheese
- Serve warm.
Per serving: Calories: 268; Total fat: 11g; Saturated fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 88 mg; Sodium: 232 mg; Total carbohydrate: 19g; Dietary fiber: 3g; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 28g.