When you face a medical emergency, turn to Owensboro Health for treatment that could save your life. No matter your ability to pay, you’ll benefit from caring experts such as board-certified emergency medicine physicians and certified emergency nurses dedicated to preserving your health.
Excellent Emergency Care
Owensboro Health Regional Hospital’s Emergency Department gets 66,000 visits a year, which means we have the experience to care for your condition. You can feel confident in our level of care because:
- Owensboro Health Regional Hospital is a verified Level III Trauma Center where you can get medical attention for almost any serious injury
- Our average door-to-balloon time significantly exceeds the national standard for treating Heart Attacks
- Our hospital is a certified Primary Stroke Center that gives you access to personalized, comprehensive Stroke Care
In addition, Owensboro Health Regional Hospital is a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner-Ready facility, the seventh such facility in the state and the only designated SANE-Ready hospital in Western Kentucky.
The SANE-Ready designation was created by the Kentucky legislature and signed into law by Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin in 2016. The Kentucky Board of Nursing oversees the SANE licensing process, which includes a 40-hour training course plus an additional 60 hours of area-specific training. SANE-Ready facilities have a licensed sexual assault nurse examiner available 24/7.
You’ll get timely care in our Emergency Department thanks in part to:
- A fast-track program, which is reserved for minor or moderate conditions and is available for 12–16 hours each day
- Immediate bedding, which sends you to either fast-track care or an Emergency Department bed as soon as possible, so you spend less time waiting in the lobby
Shorter Waits Than At Other Hospitals
On average, patients who visit Owensboro Health Regional Hospital’s Emergency Department see a healthcare professional twice as fast as they do at comparable Kentucky hospitals. They also spend less time in our Emergency Department before being sent home or admitted to the hospital.
Depending on your needs, you may receive emergency care from Owensboro Health Nurses specially trained or certified in areas such as:
- Caring for children
- Providing advanced cardiac life support
- Responding to Stroke symptoms
- Tending to trauma patients
Also, sexual assault nurse examiners are on call 24/7. These registered nurses collect medical evidence from survivors of sexual assault, provide emotional support, offer referrals to community resources and, if necessary, testify in court.
Advanced Technology & Facilities
You’ll get enhanced care because of our hospital’s patient-centered design and sophisticated technology. You benefit from:
- An operating room located right above the Emergency Department so you can easily transition to surgery, if needed
- Bedside ultrasound evaluations available 24/7 and CT scanners located near the Emergency Department for timely assessment of injuries
- Telemetry, or continuous heart monitoring, which lets nurses quickly identify and respond to your cardiac needs
- Three rooms specially designed to protect you if you need emergency Behavioral Health Care
Think First National Brain & Spinal Cord Injury Prevention Program
Think First educates youth on how to assess risk and take the proper safety precautions to prevent brain and spinal cord injuries. This program is taught by nationally certified instructors along with VIP speakers who share their very own stories to show how important Think First safety is!