When you face a medical emergency, turn to Owensboro Health for treatment that could save your life. No matter your ability to pay or which of our three emergency facilities you visit, you’ll benefit from caring experts such as board-certified emergency medicine physicians and emergency nurses dedicated to preserving your health.
Excellent Emergency Care
Owensboro Health’s Emergency Departments get over 92,000 visits a year, which means we have the experience to care for your condition. You can feel confident in our level of care.
Depending on your needs, you may receive emergency care from Owensboro Health Nurses specially trained or certified in areas such as:
- Caring for children
- Providing advanced cardiac life support
- Responding to Stroke symptoms
- Tending to trauma patients
Our facilities include three emergency departments in the greater Owensboro region:
Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital
When emergencies arise, Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital understands the importance of responding to those in need quickly. Our Emergency Department is staffed with well-trained personnel working as a team to provide all patients with the care that is expected and deserved. Physician's and specially-trained practitioners staff the Emergency Department twenty-four hours every day.
Owensboro Health Regional Hospital
You’ll get enhanced care because of our hospital’s patient-centered design and sophisticated technology. You benefit from:
- An operating room located right above the Emergency Department so you can easily transition to surgery, if needed
- Bedside ultrasound evaluations available 24/7 and CT scanners located near the Emergency Department for timely assessment of injuries
- Telemetry, or continuous heart monitoring, which lets nurses quickly identify and respond to your cardiac needs
- Three rooms specially designed to protect you if you need emergency Behavioral Health Care
A few more benefits:
- Owensboro Health Regional Hospital is a verified Level III Trauma Center where you can get medical attention for almost any serious injury
- Our average door-to-balloon time significantly exceeds the national standard for treating Heart Attacks
- Our hospital is a certified Primary Stroke Center that gives you access to personalized, comprehensive Stroke Care
- Sexual assault nurse examiners are on call 24/7. These registered nurses collect medical evidence from survivors of sexual assault, provide emotional support, offer referrals to community resources and, if necessary, testify in court.
You’ll get timely care in our Emergency Departments thanks in part to:
- A fast-track program, which is reserved for minor or moderate conditions and is available for 12–16 hours each day
- Immediate bedding, which sends you to either fast-track care or an Emergency Department bed as soon as possible, so you spend less time waiting in the lobby
Shorter Waits Than At Other Hospitals
On average, patients who visit Owensboro Health’s Emergency Departments see a healthcare professional twice as fast as they do at comparable Kentucky hospitals.
They also spend less time in our Emergency Departments before being sent home or admitted to the hospital.
Owensboro Health Twin Lakes Medical Center
The department's state-of-the-art design offers 11 multi-functional patient rooms, three trauma rooms, two cardiac rooms and a minor surgery/trauma room; a centralized nurse's station, a triage area, and five exam/treatment rooms separate from the trauma area for minor emergency situations.
The main entrance for the Emergency Department is from the Kelley Medical Center parking lot. The door is clearly marked "Admitting/Registration Entrance." Access can be gained by either the Wallace Avenue or William Thomason Byway hospital entrances.
The OHTLMC Emergency Department is staffed with Board Certified Medical Doctors, Doctors of Osteopathy, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners. These emergency providers will be wearing a white tag with red writing for identification.
The skilled and experienced Emergency Department Nursing staff will have a white tag with blue writing for identification.
Our emergency physicians and staff are committed to providing high quality emergency care as quickly as possible to all patients.