After welcoming your newborn at Owensboro Health Regional Hospital, rest in our private, comfortable and family-friendly mother/baby suites.
Built For Newborn Bonding
Your room is specially designed to let your baby stay with you so the two of you can bond with your newborn. When your baby is nearby:
- Your infant will cry less, breastfeed sooner, gain more weight and sleep more.
- You’ll observe and learn from nurses as they tend to him or her.
- You can more easily practice Kangaroo Care, which helps your baby stay warm and well and adjust to life outside the womb.
- Research shows that you will sleep better when your baby stays with you in your room.
For such reasons, the World Health Organization, The American Academy of Pediatrics and many medical experts recommend you and your newborn stay together as much as possible.
Maternity Suite Amenities & Services
You and your family will appreciate that our mother-baby suites include:
- Baby baths
- Big-screen TV
- Dining on Call (room service)
- Internet access
- Large windows that let in calming natural light
- Sofa that unfolds into a twin bed
- Warm, homelike décor
Learn about all the services & amenities that you and your loved ones may take advantage of at Owensboro Health Regional Hospital.
Relax and enjoy the flowering plants and ornamental grasses in our rooftop garden. Let your nurse know when you’d like to visit the environmentally friendly garden, which you’ll easily access from our maternity unit.
To protect you and your baby, all guests—including family members—must check in with a photo ID each time they visit you.