Give your baby a good start in life by taking advantage of prenatal education, childbirth support, and postpartum services at Owensboro Health. Trust our compassionate maternity service providers to support your whole family as you welcome your new arrival.
- Prenatal Classes & Events that get you and your loved ones ready for a new baby
- Comprehensive labor and delivery care
- Private, homelike Mother & Baby Suites
- The region’s largest Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- An Obstetric Emergency Department that specializes in treating pregnancy complications
- Breastfeeding Support that makes nursing your infant easier
- Kangaroo Care that helps you and your baby bond
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialists - experts in high-risk pregnancies
Preparing to meet your baby
Learn what to expect prior to your birth experience and hospital stay to help you relax and enjoy your first few days with baby.
Find out how you can best prepare by watching these videos below and downloading the free Coffective mobile app.
In a normal pregnancy, it's safest to let labor begin on its own so:
- Baby's brain has time to grow
- You're less likely to need a C-section
- You and baby have a lower risk of any health issues
Place your baby on your chest, skin to skin, after birth to:
- Help you bond with baby
- Keep baby warm & calm
- Help baby learn to breastfeed (thanks to Mother Nature!)
Keep the baby in your room at the hospital to:
- Teach baby you’re mom
- Allow baby to feed when ready, and more often
- Help you learn when your baby wants to feed
Newborn photos at the hospital
To help celebrate your new arrival, professional photographers can snap pictures of your infant and family while you’re at Owensboro Health Regional Hospital. With your consent, we post baby photos and first names online for at least six months to help you share your news with friends and family.