If you have a wound that doesn’t improve after four weeks of traditional treatments, turn to the Owensboro Health Wound Center. You can feel confident in our care because 97 percent of wounds we treat heal within 30 days when patients follow their treatment plans. And because we partner with wound-care provider Healogics, Inc., you benefit from experts trained in the safest, most effective ways to help you get better.
Wounds We Treat
Ask about our advanced care for wounds such as:
Wound Healing Services & Treatments
Help your wound heal with treatments and services such as:
- Antibiotic Therapy – Uses medications to relieve wound infections
- Compression Wraps and Stockings – Control swelling in your legs and feet
- Debridement – Removes dead tissue through a special ointment, moist wound dressings and/or minor surgery
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy – Increases the amount of oxygen in your blood to speed wound healing
- Nutrition Counseling – Advises you on eating a healthy diet, which may include certain vitamins and supplements
- Pain Management – Makes you more comfortable as your wound heals
- Physical and Occupational Therapy – Helps you care for yourself, move around better and more easily complete daily tasks
- Recommendations for special support surfaces, which relieve pressure on certain areas of your body to prevent bedsores as you sit or lie down
- Recommendations for crutches and shoes that ease pressure on foot and leg wounds
If you have diabetes or another chronic condition, you’ll also find help managing your symptoms and get guidance on preventing wounds.
Beaver Dam location
Owensboro Health is dedicated to providing high-quality care to the communities we serve. Now, we’re extending that stellar care close to home as we open the Owensboro Health Wound Center in Beaver Dam on May 21.
No matter your wound situation, Dr. Heather Green and her experienced, caring team will help you heal with the most advanced treatments available. You shouldn’t have to travel to receive excellent care—and now you won’t.
For more information and to schedule your appointment, call 270-274-5601.