Green Beans with Creamy Mushrooms
- 1 3/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Blanch green beans until tender, about 6 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender and translucent.
- Remove from skillet. Whisk together cornstarch and broth.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil and cook mushrooms, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Reduce heat, add back the onions. Whisk in stock mixture and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add green beans and yogurt, salt and pepper to taste, and toss. Serve warm.
Serves: 8 (Amount per 1/2 cup serving)
Calories: 83; Fat: 3g; Carbohydrate: 11g; Fiber: 3.5g; Protein: 5g