Gastroenterology & Hepatology
A focused concern for patients with stomach, digestive and colon conditions. The Gastrointestinal (GI) Unit’s highly skilled providers and staff practice modern progressive surgical techniques and procedures using state-of-the-art equipment. Our focus is to return you to the best possible health and function as comfortably and quickly as possible.
Owensboro Health places great value on patient education. Keeping you informed and answering questions about every step of the process helps relieve any anxiety about your treatment.
The Owensboro Health GI Unit’s care and concern does not end when you leave the hospital. There’s a post-operative follow-up plan when you get home. We’ll follow up on your current condition to ensure:
- Your medication is taken
- Surgical dressing instructions are being followed
- Detection of any possible complications
We then share that information with your doctor to keep him or her updated and informed about your condition.
- Bravo or pH Testing for Acid Reflux (Hiatal Hernia)
- ECRP—a combination of Endoscopy and X-ray
- Endoscopy is a diagnostic tool that is excellent for use in the gastrointestinal tract. It provides your provider with a visual inspection and photography for better diagnosis. Endoscopy is a Minimally Invasive Procedure with a fast patient recovery time.
- Laparoscopic Surgery is a modern and progressive surgical technique. It’s a less invasive form of surgery that can be used even for complex procedures. The benefits to our patients are smaller scars, less post-operative pain and a faster recovery time to return to your normal activities.