It’s frustrating – and sometimes downright painful – when injury or illness limits your day-to-day life. Suddenly the things you enjoy, like that daily walk around the neighborhood or a weekend pickup basketball game, become off limits. And once simple household tasks —like doing laundry, cooking or cleaning — can even seem impossible.
When ongoing pain is keeping you from living your best life, the physical therapists at Owensboro Health are here to help you rebuild your strength and stamina — working closely with you and your referring provider to get you where you want to be.
We start by spending the time getting to know you – your lifestyle, condition, symptoms, goals for treatment and what brought you in to see us. Then, we’ll create a plan that’s tailored just to you.
Physical Therapy Goals
Treatment plans typically include exercises, stretches and other activities that will help you:
- Build confidence
- Eliminate or reduce pain
- Improve balance
- Increase strength
- Promote healing
- Restore motion to the affected area
Physical Therapy Services
Physical therapy can help with many different conditions. It’s also a safe and effective treatment for people of all ages. Here are just a few conditions our physical therapists can help you manage:
- Back pain
- Balance problems
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Complications of cancer treatment (lymphedema, etc.)
- Heart conditions
- Joint problems
- Joint replacement
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neck pain
- Neurological/neuromuscular conditions
- Orthopedic conditions
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pelvic floor disorders
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Prenatal and postnatal conditions
- Pulmonary conditions
- Spinal cord injury
- Sports injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Tension headaches
- Traumatic brain injury
- Urinary incontinence
- Workplace injuries
We also help patients who are recovering from major surgery or severe infections.
*Some specialty services that are not listed may be offered/provided at certain Owensboro Health locations – contact the service area noted if you have questions about additional service offerings.
We’re On Your Side
Here, we’re dedicated to delivering quality physical therapy that helps you achieve your goals. Our professional staff includes:
- Experienced, certified physical therapists – many with master’s degrees and higher.
- Physical therapist assistants who’ve undergone extensive training to support our physical therapists – and you.
- Support staff that work hard to make sure everything runs smoothly – from greeting with you a smile when you check in to helping you schedule your appointments.