Whatever your ache, pain, sprain or strain, our care team and board-certified physical therapists will help you get back to feeling your best.
Physical Therapy Goals
Each patient is evaluated and an individual plan of rehabilitation and physical therapy is developed to:
- Eliminate or reduce pain
- Restore maximum function after injury, illness or onset of disabling conditions
- Decrease muscle imbalances to reduce strain at or around affected areas
- Help you adapt to new life and medical circumstances
- Increase the functional strength of your back, neck, limbs, joints and muscles to restore your lifestyle and your return to work
How to begin Physical Therapy
For insurance coverage, you will need a written referral for physical therapy from your doctor. You always have the right to choose where you receive your physical therapy services and we will strive to ensure your satisfaction.
Next, call us at one of the phone numbers listed with our locations to schedule an appointment. Have your insurance information available during this phone call.
Bring the following to your first appointment:
- Written referral from your physician
- Insurance card(s)
- List of your medications
- Legal guardian if the patient is a minor
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes to your appointment. We look forward to being your partner in physical rehabilitation.
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Our Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation team works together to provide a continuum of care, from start to finish, and aims to give you the best outcomes possible. We work closely with a caring, compassionate and exceptionally talented team, including your primary care provider, plus neurologists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, neuropsychologists, prosthetic and orthotic experts.
We create a plan of action and map out your road to recovery. Then, we’ll walk the path with you and help you find your own way. Your future can be bright and active. We want to help you get there.
Owensboro Health Outpatient Therapy offers occupational therapy, speech therapy and rehabilitation and physical therapy for non-arthritis pain of the bones, joints and muscles.
- Aquatic Therapy (Therapeutic Pool)
- Back-Neck Rehabilitation
- Bell’s Palsy Treatment (Acute)
- Dry Needling for Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Hand Rehabilitation/ Splinting
- Ergonomic Analysis – Training
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE’s)
- Hip – Knee – Ankle & Foot Rehabilitation
- LSVT Program for Parkinson’s
- Lymphedema Management (Manual Therapy)
- Manual Therapy (Spine/Extremities)
- Shoulder-Elbow Rehabilitation
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation
- Stroke & Other Neurological Rehabilitation
- Urinary Stress Incontinence Program (Biofeedback)
- VeriStim for Swallowing Dysfunction
- Vestibular Rehabilitation & Balance Training