Blood pressure is a measurement of the force applied to the walls of your arteries as your heart pumps blood through your body. Your Blood Pressure can be measured at home, or at your healthcare provider's office, a fire station, pharmacies, and many other places.
Types Of Blood Pressures
Being proactive about maintaining a healthy Blood Pressure can lower your risk of Stroke, Heart Disease, and other health problems.
How to Prepare A Blood Pressure Test
- Rest for at least 5 minutes before Blood Pressure is taken
- Do not take your Blood Pressure when you are under stress, have had caffeine or used a tobacco in the past 30 minutes, or have exercised recently
- Remain seated
- Take two or three readings per sitting
- Note the time of the reading
- You may want to take your Blood Pressure in the morning and at night for a week
These tips will give you at least 12 readings and will help your healthcare provider make decisions about your blood pressure treatment.
Tracking Your Blood Pressure At Home
For more information on our, Health Resource Center call 270-688-4811.