Brussels Sprouts and Beet Salad with Sweet Mustard Dressing
- 1 medium-sized beet with greens
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, shaved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash beet then remove top and bottom of beet. Place beet on aluminum foil (with enough to create foil packet). Cover beet with about 2 teaspoons canola oil, wrap beet in foil and roast in oven for 40 minutes, until tender.
- While beet is cooking, shave Brussels sprouts and chop beet greens (do not include the stems). Combine these in a large bowl with chopped nuts.
- Prepare the dressing in a separate bowl, whisking to combine.
- When beet is cooked, allow it to cool, remove outer skin, then dice. Add diced beet to salad.
- Add the dressing to the bowl and toss well. Allow the flavors to combine for 15-30 minutes before serving. Add feta cheese just before serving.
Nutritional information: (Amount per 2 cup serving) Serves: 8, Calories: 205, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Protein: 5g, Carbohydrates: 12g, Fiber: 4g, Sodium: 377 mg