Gastroenterology & Hepatology
A focused concern for patients with stomach, digestive and colon conditions. The Gastrointestinal (GI) Unit’s highly skilled providers and staff practice modern progressive surgical techniques and procedures using state-of-the-art equipment. Our focus is to return you to the best possible health and function as comfortably and quickly as possible.
Owensboro Health places great value on patient education. Keeping you informed and answering questions about every step of the process helps relieve any anxiety about your treatment.
The Owensboro Health GI Unit’s care and concern
- Your medication is taken
- Surgical dressing instructions are being followed
- Detection of any possible complications
We then share that information with your doctor to keep him or her updated and informed about your condition.
- Bravo or pH Testing for Acid Reflux (Hiatal Hernia)
- ECRP (Combination of an Endoscopy and X-ray)
- Esophageal manometry
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Endoscopy is a diagnostic tool that is excellent for use in the gastrointestinal tract. It provides your provider with a visual inspection and photography for better diagnosis. Endoscopy is a Minimally Invasive Procedure with a fast patient recovery time.
- Smart pill