Why Work At Owensboro Health
Every employee at Owensboro Health plays a vital role in fulfilling the goals of our mission and values, core commitments and dedication to the patient. Every employee contributes in placing Owensboro Health in the top 5 percent for quality in the nation. And every employee deserves recognition and applause for making Owensboro Health a great place to work. So that’s why we celebrate. A lot!
We have groups, events, activities, celebrations, sports teams – you name it – all in the name of fun. Here are just a few.
- Awards – Nursing Excellence Award, President's Awards, Service Recognition
- Events - Bus Trips, Easter Egg Hunt, Employee Town Hall Forums, Family Movie Night, Owensboro Gives Campaign, Owensboro Gives Food Drive, Reid's Fall Festival, Service Recognition Dinner
- Harvest Market - Each Wednesday throughout the Summer, local farmers set-up shop on the campus of Owensboro Health Regional Hospital as employees and community members come together to purchase fresh produce, learn and enjoy live entertainment.
- Health System Challenge - Celebrate with a variety of activities including trivia night, sports scrambles, spades and corn hole tournaments, 5K walk / fun run, catered meals and more!
- Health System Week - A week long event of appreciation for all Owensboro Heath employees. Activities included catered meals, a gift of appreciation, potlucks, department celebrations and more!
HOPE Fund -“Helping Our People in Emergencies,” provides financial, emotional, and spiritual support to employees of Owensboro Health who face crises and emergency situations.
- Owensboro Health Choir -Performs at special events throughout the year and sings carols during the holiday season to patients and employees.
- Nurses Day
- Sports Leagues