To improve the health of the communities we serve, the Owensboro Healthpark has developed a 12-week small group supervised exercise class aimed at improving gait, balance, stability and muscle strength to help reduce the likelihood of a fall. Individuals who are interested in participating in the class must meet the following criteria:
- Must be ambulatory without having to rely heavily on assistance from a walker or other mobility devices
- Must be able to consistently attend 2 one-hour classes each week for 12 weeks
- Must have medical clearance from a physician for participation in the program
- Must consent to pretesting to determine if one is a candidate for the program and post testing to measure improvement as a result of the program
In a piloted test group, participants who completed this class expressed the following results:
- Decreased number of falls
- More confidence and less fear of falling
- Increased strength, stamina, and endurance
This program was developed by a collaborative effort between physical therapists and exercise professionals.
2020 Class Schedule
Upcoming classes start January 7, February 11 and April 7.
Cost is $60 per person.
If you or someone you know would be interested in this program, please contact Jason Anderson, Manager of Health & Fitness at the Healthpark at 270-688-4785