Community Education & Wellness
The Owensboro Health Healthpark's Community Education & Wellness team is glad to offer health education and support to the public. We offer a wide range of services such as weight management, diabetes prevention, smoking cessation, healthy cooking classes and fitness tips for individuals and groups.
Community Education & Wellness Programs and Services
Group Programs and Services
The Owensboro Health’s Education and Wellness Team offers a variety of services for groups. We want to be your partner in disease prevention and health promotion.
If you are looking for a speaker for a community group we have a wide range of wellness topics. Our interactive and engaging education sessions include topics such as nutrition, healthy eating, diabetes, health awareness, stress management, cooking demonstrations and fitness activities.
The Owensboro Health’s Education and Wellness also understands that companies like to protect their most valuable asset, which are their employees. We know that companies have lower health care costs and greater productivity when they commit to improving the health of their workforce.
Our corporate wellness programs are designed to help keep your employees healthy, active and engaged and can be tailored to meet your company’s budget and work environment.
Our corporate wellness/prevention topics include:
- Health fairs and screenings
- Biometric screenings
- Exercise classes
- Wellness education and program development
- Smoking cessation programs
- Disease management education and programs
- Prevention and safety training
- Nutrition education and weight management programs
- Diabetes management
- Diabetes prevention
- Outcome tracking
- Flu shots
On-site biometric screenings
Biometric screenings are an important part of any successful company health and wellness program. Our Education and Wellness Team offers on-site biometric screenings for employer groups.
This assessment of key health measures can help employees identify health conditions or potential health risks.
A biometric screening can include:
- Lipid Profile (HDL, LDL, total cholesterol, triglycerides) — to determine cardiovascular disease risk
- Fasting glucose level and Hemoglobin A1C screening- to assess risk for diabetes/pre-diabetes
- Blood Pressure- to identify potential risks of hypertension
- Height, Weight, BMI, and Abdominal Circumference- to measure overweight, obesity and abdominal obesity risks
- Nicotine- to determine tobacco use
- Health coaching and education- to help employees understand their results and provide resources for health management
If you are interested in providing biometric screenings for your employee group, call 270-688-4162 or 270-688-3252 or email Ashley.Phillips@OwensboroHealth.org or Beth.Cecil@OwensboroHealth.org.